FAQ/Frequently Asked Question
This portfolio showcases my creative body of work cultivated over a 15 year period. Aside from current UX | UI Design work, it extends to a back catalogue of film, illustration, vfx, motion graphics and photography. Read more...
I am a UX | UI Designer with a university accredited diploma in UX design and professional certification in Visual | UI design with 15+years of research, problem solving, analysis, ideation, design, communication and highly analogous professional experience; masters degree; and broad creative portfolio.
I take an integrated approach to design, utilising UX |UI in a single seamless workflow.
- I enjoy navigating the full end-to-end research-based user centred design process and translating meticulous research into great UX design and problem solving. I have attained excellent qualitative and quantitative research skills to derive useful insights (user goals, behaviours, pain points and mental models) that drive definition, design, validation, prototype, build and test of products.
- I am trained in the following areas of UX research and design: competitive benchmarking; online surveys; depth interviews; usability testing; A/B testing; card sorting; affinity diagrams; user journey maps; flow diagrams; web and app structure and navigation, design principles and patterns; interaction design; prototyping; and, wireframing.
- This is complimented by translation of wireframes into fully functional and aesthetically pleasing UI and Visual design adhering to modern design principles and practices in: brand and personality; layout; design principles and presentation; interactivity; typography; colour, shapes and effects; iconography and bespoke imagery and illustration.
I am proficient with industry standard tools - Figma, Sketch / Axure, Adobe XD, Photoshop, Premier and Aftereffects, FCPX, Davinci Resolve, Maya, Draw IO and others.
From my past career, as a chemical engineer, I bring many valuable transferable skills and the professional exposure, business skills, development and acumen from working at a small consultancies right through to large multinational corporations:
- 15+ years’ work in analogous design environments with multi-disciplinary teams and projects from research and definition through to detailed design.
- strong teamworking communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- highly proficient in specifying and authoring design documentation and drawings.
- thoughtful and considered approach.
- excellent qualitative and quantitative research, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- project and leadership experience (incl. managing cost, time, resource, governance, planning, economics).
- ability to: work autonomously; take initiative; successfully interface and present to clients and stakeholders; and, multi-task and deliver to deadlines.